Hilsbach/Sinsheim, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
ROLL-Related Family Surnames which came from Hilsbach: REICHERT (The 2003 Hilsbach telephone directory lists only one REICHERT family: Juergen and Angelika REICHERT on Kreuzaecker 56 street.)
Hilsbach Civic Arms
| Town History
| Town Surname List
| Hilsbach Genealogists
Hilsbach's web site is at www.hilsbach.de. The word "hilsbach" translates to "healthy stream". A Hilsbach Town History book was published in 1979 by Franz Gehrig and might still be purchased at the Town Hall in Hilsbach.
Hilsbach on-line map
- Multimap.com mapping web site.
Hilsbach aerial view
ST. MARIA CATHOLIC CHURCH () - Hilsbach, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. The first church was built in 1610
Hilsbach Inhabitant SURNAMES
ROLL-related surnames are in bold lettering.
Found in the old Hilsbach church records:
- REICHERT, Josephus, baptized 27 January 1795 in Hilsbach
- REICHARD, Franciscus, baptized 1 September 1765 in Hilsbach
- REICHARD, Carolus Josephus, baptized 16 April 1768 in Hilsbach, died 25 January 1796 in Hilsbach
- REICHERT, Carolus Josephus, baptized.........1791 in Hilsbach, died 17 January 1799 in Hilsbach under the name of REICHART
- REICHART, Friderici, baptized 17 October 1797 in Hilsbach
- REICHART, Antonius, baptized 18 October 1799 in Hilsbach, died 10 March 1801 in Hilsbach
- REICHARD, Josepha, baptized 15 July 1801 in Hilsbach
- REICHARD, Carolus, baptized 28 April 1804 in Hilsbach
- REICHARD, Justina Catharina, baptized 25 May 1772 in Hilsbach, died 3 March 1774 in Hilsbach under the name of Justina Catharina Reicherdin
- REICHARD, Anna Maria Josepha, baptized.........1774 in Hilsbach, died 26 October 1774 in Hilsbach
- REICHARD, Josephus Martinus, baptized 18 August 1779 in Hilsbach
- REICHART, Franciscus Carolus, baptized..........1782 in Hilsbach, died 25 January 1796 in Hilsbach
Genealogists searching for the following surnames:
REICHERT - Mitch Roll - mitch@@rollintl.com
(crudely translated from German to English)
3000-1800 before Christ
Findings belay a settlement of the Eichelberg (1,5 km west) with ring rampart concern in the Jungsteinzeit/"boy stone time".
2nd Century after Christ
A four-God-stone (Herkules, Merkur, Zybele and Diana) and a coin of the emperor Hadrian (117- 138 after Christ) point at a Roman cult site on the Eichelberg.
in a donation document at the cloister Lorsch becomes "Hilleresbach" for the first time mentioned the name goes possibly on the stream one "Hiltihart" back. The composition with a persons name points at a foundation around 700.
That "Steinsperch" and "Hilrespach" belong to the count of Oettingcn. They transmit goods single, among other things 1283 at "Swigger of Gemmingen" to different knights.
Konrad of Oettingen transmits the Steinberg and Hilsbach Rudolf 1ST to the palatinate count. (Reg. 1294-1319) and Ludwig. That of Hilsbachs city seal (since L475 belaid) contains therefore the rhombus of the kurpfälzischen crest, divided through the Hilsbach. In the document, the place becomes as "oppidum" (festivals, city) and in documents of L323 and/or 1325 as "stad" and/or "stat" designated.
after the death of palatinate count Rudolf 1st Hilsbach fells at its brother Ludwig and therewith at the Bavarian dukedom. The city leaves together with the Steinberg power of Hohenlohe
Kings Ludwig of the Bayer. King Ludwig of the Bayer lectures
in the contract of Pavia the Rhine palatinate at the sons of his brother Rudolf.
Johann Graf of Katzenelnbogen receives for short time the Steinsberg and Hilsbach
first mention of the Mr. von Venningen as fief men of palatinate count Ruprecht the 1st. (Reg, 1329-1390). Ends the Hilsbachs families branch of the Venningen develop itself the Zuzenhäuser, Steinsberger, Eichtersheimer, Elsässer and Grombacher branches.
palatinate counts Ruprecht the 1st the German order house in Weinheim the patronage right and two-thirds of the incomes of the Hilsbachs church gives. Into the 20th century, Weiler branch of Hilsbach remains, until 1858/59 also Elsenz.
of the German order receives the last third of the Kirchenzehnten of the bishop of Worms.
the Venningen in the Oberstadt a yard with two houses in the lower city belong a house and a shed. moreover 147 mornings farmland and 2 mornings wine gardens
Hans Hippolyt and Ludwig of Venningen trade and the customs in Germersheim against the Steinsberg, Weiler and the yards Birkenau and Buchenau to Hilsbach. Your family retains considerable property in Hilsbach his today.
the kurpfälzische Vogtei on the Steinsberg becomes after Hilsbach transferred and a Kellerei arranged. In the year 1670 related the Kellerei incomes out of numerous places. In the full possession of the Kurpfalz except Sinsheim, also Reihen, Richen, Schluchtern, Stebbach, Steinsfurt, the castle Streichenberg, the Immelhäuser Yard and the Ursenhacher Yard. Further rights and duties possessed the Kellerei Hilsbach in Adelshofen, Adersbach, Berwangen, Daishach, on the Dammhof, in Dühren, Fürfeld, Gemmingen, Grombach, Großgartach Güglingen, Hoffenheim, Kirchhausen, Landshausen, Massenbach, Massenbachhausen, Niederhofen, Nordheim, Rohrbach a. G., Rohrbach b. S., Schwaigern, on the Steinsberg, in Stetten, Tiefenbach, Waibstadt, Waldangelloch and Weiler. Hilsbach becomes at the same time court seat. The galeews north of the Ittlinger street nearly the Gemarkungsgrenze stood. The responsible Oberhof was located in Mosbach.
in the farmer war find the rebellious the "Kraichgauer Haufens" under leadership of the minister Anton Eisenhut through that commonly mayor in the Pfalzgräflichen spot Hilspach, Christoff Haffner energetic support. They took in had in Hilsbach, therein the Churfürst a neugebaute Kellerey, caught the cellar, plünderten the Kellerey, the Pfaffen and peers of houses.
directives of a city order (Weistum). In Hilsbach, there are two nobility seats of a Vollmar of Remchingen and a Weirich of Gemmingen. A baths parlor, a Kelterhaus and two mills become mentioned the ten receipt; at the Martinstag (11. November) belong the elector of the palatinate.
Confession change of the Kurpfalz between Catholics and reform type.
Hilsbach becomes in the Dreißigährigen war (1618-48) by Bavarian troops belagert, after which treason taken in one speyrischen subject, and devastates: have all ohn distinguished darinnen low gehauen. of also women and children does not spare, but rather all what does not hide itself entloffen and miserable killed. Only 59 persons should have survived, 165 found the death. Into the following turmoil of war under the Hilsbachs, population ruled large need: changing occupation through kaiserliche, Swedish and French troops, looting, war payments, epidemic, famines and 1641 a city fire. The newly closing population comes partially out of France and Switzerland.
the churches ship collapses after necessary repairs had not been carried out at the roof chair; until 1685 reconstruction. As a result of the expansion of the ship placing of the Kirchhofs before the city wall.
introductions of the Simultaneums (joint possession of reform type and Catholics) in the church
arrangements of a lutheran church, probably in the rear house of the Mettengasse 6. From 1768 characteristic minister. Later first to nobility yards, then to Dühren gepfarrt.
of the kurpfälzische Amtskeller and Hofkammerrat Friedrich boy establishes the Junghof. For the late 18th century there Mennoniten have lived.
Hilsbach development zone extends gradually over the area of the city wall.
the sovereigns of Leiningen receive Hilsbach to the balance for zones, that went lost them to the left of the Rhine. Leiningensche Standesherrschaft becomes
Hilsbachs under badischer waiter highness. A Leiningensche Amtsverwaltung is arranged
in Hilsbach. In the village, 506 men and 516 women in 163 houses live.
Hilsbach Belongs to the Badischen district velvet Eppingen and to the Bauinspektion Bruchsal.
the Lutheran community becomes in the churches union with the reform types united.
Hilsbachs fells at the Leiningensche district velvet Sinsheim.
1848/49 in the course of the middle class revolution also in Hilsbach a people society is established. Hilsbachs are locked in because of high treason.
after Auflosung of the Leiningenschen office Sinsheim Hilsbach comes at the Badische district velvet Sinsheim.
Hilsbachs has 1,142 inhabitants in 271 families, therefrom 684 Protestant, 421 Catholic, 26 Israeliten, 11 Mennonieten. There is a synagogue and a Frauenbad, probably also a Jewish school.
of the Amtsbezirk Sinsheim at the circle association Heidelberg passes over.
the Jewish community becomes lacking believing scattering, the Jews the Sinsheimer community gepfarrt.
Hilsbachs has 1,251 inhabitants, therefrom 706 protestant, 515 Catholics, 24 other Christians and 6 Israeliten.
Opening of the railroad line from Odenheim to Hilsbach
buildings of the commercial advanced education training erects.
openings of a housekeeping training in the new training house; 1965 closed
building of the water tower.
foundations of the district Sinsheim.
building of the Catholic church. At Hungerberg and Kellersberg, new construction quarters emerge. Until middle of the fünfziger years, attempts are undertaken to establish in Hilsbach industry.
Hilsbachs has 1,810 inhabitants, 1,062 Catholics, 748 protestant, under that numerous fugitives.
Neuverleihung of the city rights
lost in the third empire building the sport and cultivation hall; closing of the commercial advanced education training.
Hilsbachs becomes quarter of Sinsheim.
foundations of the Rhine-Neckar-circle whose southern end forms Hilsbach. Elsenz belonged already to the country circle Heilbronn, Eichelberg to the district Karlsruhe. The quarter has few more than 2,000 inhabitants.
building of the new elementary school Hilsbach-Weiler.
"The German is like a willow.
Questions, Comments, Suggestions to WebMaster. Thank you. © Copyright 2000 - 2014
No matter which way you bend him,
he will always take root again."
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn -